- Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Star Naming Gifts Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Star Naming Gifts Limited,
we or us
|Star Naming Gifts Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12097805 whose registered office is at 7 Feltham Lane, Frome, Somerset, BA11 5AJ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Star Naming Gifts Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Star Naming Gifts Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, starnaminggifts.co.uk /. buyabitof.com / and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Star Naming Gifts Limited can confirm that we act as the “data controller”. This means that Star Naming Gifts Limited determines the purposes for which/the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- any chosen name to be added to our products as the customer’s choice of personalisation
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Star Naming Gifts Limitedwill collect your Data in a number of ways, for example when you:
- contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website.
- This information helps us to make improvements to Website.
- Content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website
- The way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies.
- in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any/all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- improvement of our products / services
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- ensure we meet all of our obligations in law under the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- To facilitate and support crime reduction and to do our duties as a responsible business to report suspicious activity.
- or share knowledge that can reduce or stop a crime occurring.
- If we need to protect our interests, including defending ourselves in law and, promoting our business
We could use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests.
If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us
- (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service that we are marketing.
- Similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent;
- that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us
- and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We can use your Data to show you Star Naming Gifts Limited adverts.
- Plus other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Star Naming Gifts Limited adverts and other content on other websites,
- please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates – to allow us to provide the product or service that you have requested or purchased from us.
- This also allows us to answer any enquires that we receive within the framework of the law and to ensure we comply with all obligations .
- in law and for crime prevention or to seek professional advice to enhance, improve, protect, promote or defend our interests;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to allow us to provide the product or service that you have requested or purchased
- This also allows us to answer any enquires that we receive within the framework of the law.
- To ensure we comply with all obligations in law and for crime prevention or to seek professional advice.
- to enhance, improve, protect, promote or defend our interests
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website
- to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds between us
- comply with any laws or legal obligations required of us;
- relevant authorities – to ensure we comply with the legal obligations – which is only defined by the laws of England and Wales.
- This is where our company is registered and the only jurisdiction. We recognise Our actions of our business and of our owners will be work that upholds the law.
- This meets our obligations under the jurisdiction of the land. We will share information with the relevant authorities if we can assist in the prevention of crime. Or if we are in the belief that a crime is happening or believe it could happen in the future. Finally, we will always seek professional advice to enhance, improve, protect, promote or defend our interests
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org..
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the period necessary.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
- If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.”
- Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request.
- If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why we have the right to:
- correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data
please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us. Then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
- For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current.
- Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites.
We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites.
Changes of business ownership and control
We can expand or reduce our business and this can if we so decide , to involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Star Naming Gifts Limited.
Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred.
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Star Naming Gifts Limited chose these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies.
By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Star Naming Gifts Limited to provide a better experience.
This will help us provide a service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|· Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|· Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. Also when they are using it. As such it helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|· Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|· Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
You may find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. We are aware that internet browsers accept Cookies. . For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- Please ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you should consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
The Law in England and Wales is the only law we bind ourselves upon
All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
17 October 2020