Frequently Asked Questions
Here are our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that we have not answered here then please get in touch! https://www.starnaminggifts.co.uk/contact/ or Tweet us @starnaminggifts https://twitter.com/starnaminggifts
Starnaminggifts.co.uk are an established independent Star Naming Registry and Gift Service. Established in 2017 we have 5 years of experience in providing gift options to many customers across the U.K.
The bulk of our business is based around us providing customers with the unique opportunity to “Name a Star” for someone special. We have various products that help you to achieve this and that are all reasonably priced. We have also been selling Planetary Acres of Land on the Moon and on Mars through our website and our sister company www.buyabitof.com
Yes you can. It’s a really simple process. These steps below will help you with the process.
- Choose from a variety of Gift packages, including – (A Standard Star, An Extra Bright Star or Binary Star)
- Each item lists the features that are included with that specific Gift Package.
- Once you have decided on the items you want to purchase then head to the basket/checkout page.
- We ask you to enter your selected name for each personalised gift you have chosen.
Any name that you choose. As an example here is a list of names that customers have used in the past.
Star Names previously used by customers:
- Steph & Adrian’s Star – Grampy Stuart’s Star -Happy 60th Birthday Nanny Pat – 01.2019 Our Anniversary Star – John James Smit
- Bruno The Best Dog Star – Olivia-Jones 1st Birthday Star
- selected nicknames, pet-names, or affectionate names that mean something to them!
- It is acceptable to use numbers/dates/letters in various combinations.
Names deemed to be offensive/inappropriate will not be accepted.
40 characters in length max (including spaces). To ensure a name will fit perfectly onto our Star Deed.
Our team of Registrars will produce them for you. They are made by hand in the U.K. in the town of Frome located in Somerset. Registrars will be responsible for producing and documenting all items before anything can is dispatched.
Our Registrars will produce your Gift Portfolio in approximately 3 working days. (Subject to demand at that time). An order starts on the date when it is placed by a customer.
- transfer completed portfolio’s on the same day if this is practical.
- send a completed gift through our network of couriers.
- We only use household names such as www.royalmail.com or www.parcel2go.com
£4.95 for our parcels. Our products are a standard size.
- We provide a tracked courier service – (through #hermes #royalmail #dpd #parcelforce)
- Your Star Name remains forever.
- We never allow alterations or amendments.
- NEVER NAMED AGAIN
- and never resold or reused.
Star Names are recorded for longevity. This is in our “Universal Star and Global Naming Database”. This is a Database containing a master file. This lists stars that have been identified by Astronomers.
We employ Star Registrars to identify stars that are now available for your purchase. And they will name it as you request. It is important for us to document this in our database.
Yes – we are an official Star Naming Registry. With independent status in the U.K. -We reserve the right to trade under any brand name. 100% genuine and official.
Stars are celestial bodies. They have this designation given to them. This means they are the property of all humankind.
The “United Nations Senate” conducted a meeting of international world leaders. They issued a joint statement; published around the globe. It Stated “the ownership of celestial bodies will always belong to all of humankind”. Ratified in 1967 this became international law.
Humans symbolically name and claim celestial bodies for their own purposes. We are all allowed to name a star if we wish.
All Stars in the database are visible from Earth and at various times throughout the year. Stars come from the Registry. We cannot provide viewing information. Star locations change in the sky constantly. It is impossible to track them all
We are truly independent and proud of our status. We Confirm ….
- not affiliated to a listed agency or organisation.
- do not work for/on behalf of any government or any agency
- structured in law as a private limited company. Registered in England and Wales.
The Moon, Stars and planets are celestial bodies. They are for the benefit of all mankind. No person, nation or entity can claim personal ownership of them.
Our “Acre on the Moon” and “Acre on Mars” Gifts are a novelty item. Customers buy them for a special sentiment it may bring to them personally.
We cannot make any guarantees about the legal ownership of the Moon/Mars or any celestial body.